Friday, April 27, 2018

Jolly: Generic Systems

Just a thought...

But I find it funny, that some GMs talk high praise about playing generic universal style RPGs,  but in the same breath say they cant play it or could enjoy them more if they have pre made adventure settings book.

I thought the main thing about playing generic systems was a person can play anything they wanted too their own way? For example; GURPS. My all time favorite RPG game system. And even to this day, is still the king of Generic Systems in my own personal view.

But this made me wonder,

Who out there writes their own adventures for their weekly regular games?
Who out there depends on having pre made adventure modules?

Me, I write all my own games. Sometimes, I do not even bother to pre make them, and just make them up on the fly as I am playing with the group that particular night.


No comments:

Post a Comment