Thursday, March 21, 2019

If I was to play 2D20 Conan: Calacorm

Hi all,

Growing up, I am sure all of us "Gamers" had a character that they always played, a character that they always envisioned as they wanted to be like in real life.

I was no different. In fact, I am sure, like many others. That I was not the only who would write up full stories and backgrounds about this one particular hero. No matter what game they played, as long as the setting matched the background of that character, they made the character based on that vision.

In fact, even today I find myself tempted to create that character in the various rules and settings that are more then abundant today then it was back when I was a teen.

So I decided to sit down and make the hero that I created way back in the 80s, and pop him into Modiphius's 2D20 Conan ruleset. Given that the Conan character creation mechanic places a large focus on story telling, I was able to use this system to get what I think is an accurate creation of how Calacorm would play out as in this world.

The concept of Calacorm was that he was never a "super" hero type or someone who would be able to handle everything that was thrown at him. But more of a character who would persevere through hardships, someone who was flawed and failed things on the first try. But would succeed at things in the long run, by being smart, disciplined, a healthy dose of daring and being a team player. The last thing I wanted was to have a character who could always succeed at anything he did.

More resolute then strong.

Hence where the idea of Calacorm was born. So with out further adue, I would like to introduce to you. Calacorm Udrathed.

As an added touch of nostalgia, I searched for the Ken Kelly image that I used on my cover, when I wrote my first story about him and submitted it in my school's short story competition.

HOMELANDNemedia
ATTRIBUTE ASPECTSDexterous & Strong and Resolute
CASTEBorn Soldier
ARCHETYPEVeteran
NATUREProfessional
EDUCATIONEducated on the Battlefield
STORYThe Promotion of the Fool
TRAITRealist
WAR STORYStranded in the Wastelands
SOCIAL STANDING1
GOLD9
FORTUNE POINTS3
VIGOR10
RESOLVE13
AGILITY10
ACROBATICS11
MELEE33
STEALTH11
AWARENESS8
INSIGHT11
OBSERVATION22
SURVIVAL11
THIEVERY11
BRAWN8
ATHLETICS11
RESISTANCE22
COORDINATION10
PARRY11
RANGED WEAPONS11
SAILING00
INTELLIGENCE8
ALCHEMY00
CRAFT00
HEALING11
LINGUISTICS11
LORE00
WARFARE11
PERSONALITY7
ANIMAL HANDLING00
COMMAND11
COUNSEL00
PERSUADE11
SOCIETY22
WILLPOWER11
DISCIPLINE22
SORCERY00
TALENTS
Cosmopolitan
Sentry
Vagabond
Veteran
No Mercy
Bind Wounds
Sixth Sense
EQUIPMENT
Brigandine jacket (Armor 2: Torso/Arms)
Cheap riding horse
Cheap clothes with military insigna of dubious origin
Mace
Broadsword
Battlefield Honor
Shortsword
A magnificent drinking horn with metal cup
A brilliant scarlet cloak, made in the dreaming west
Large Shield , a gift from a fallen dog-brother.
LANGUAGES
Nemedian
Ophirean
Aquilonian

No comments:

Post a Comment