Saturday, March 5, 2016

Conan: A Quick Start Game

Hi all,

Today, I had the honor and the privilege to get to play the new Conan RPG (Quickstart Rules) with some other fans of the new up and coming kickstarter rpg "Conan"

First of all, I would like to thank +Phil Garrad , who hosted and ran the game, and also invited me to play. Well me and 150+ other people. I was all over it!

Using only the tantalizing details of beginners version of the rules, and some crafty imagination skills, Phil managed to pull off a pretty great adventure for all of us .And I am pretty sure it was the first time for all of us to actually play the game, and we all had our copies of the quick start rules handy. And before to long, we all were hacking and slashing our way to a fun filled evening!

The game itself is very interesting, and the system of momentum vs doom is a great feature as it really helps the game have that 1980s Conan movie cinematic feel.  The game is not hard to learn, but it can be a little daunting for a GM to run a game if his players are not willing to know their characters. But the sooner the players start getting into knowing what can be done, the game really shines. I really can not wait to sink my teeth into running this game.

This game is easy and fun to learn and will no doubt lead to hours of entertainment around the table, or on your favorite virtual tabletop. And if you know me, it is Fantasy Grounds.

I look forward to part 2 of this fun adventure!

If you have not yet checked out the kickstarter, check it out now.. and get in on it. still 2 weeks left and it has already shattered their target goal and the stretch goals are already increasing the value of this purchase.

Again, I will leave you with a screen shot of my Conan theme for FG, and if anyone would like a copy of it, just let me know, and I will make it available for you.




Regards

Jolly


No comments:

Post a Comment