Sunday, February 22, 2015

Necropolis: Dead Run Play By Post Sunday Update.

Necropolis: Dead Run


The Cast








Scene 1: Up In Smoke 


The whole offensive has been botched since the first mission! This push on one of the Repheriam held suburbs was a total disaster!

Thinking that they were going to be able to break through, 3 whole banners of the Knights Ordo plunged head on into the most bloody ambush anyone has seen yet. A well coordinated attack lured the knights into, then surrounded, and systematically hunting down the trapped.

Total chaos reigned as patched units of mixed knight ordos started to regroup and tried to fall back to the closest extraction points. Angle dropship pilots under heavy fire have been making pick ups deep in the zone, trying to rescue whoever can get to LZs.



GM:
The intersection you are at is piled high with rubble, as several buildings now lay strewn across the streets to the south, forcing anyone who needs to fall back to the closest LZ to either climb over the rubble, or find a way through the tattered buildings.

You are all huddled behind a brick wall which is riddled with bullet holes. Enemy fire has been heavy and you can see bodies of fellow knights laying in the street just ahead of you. Somewhere north on the street there has to be some sort of enemy emplacement. Across the intersection to the East, you can see an abandoned church tank. Behind you to the west, you know the enemy is pushing forwards trying to scoop up their prey in this deadly net. further south of you, over the rubble, the LZ awaits





Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve tried to make herself as small as possible behind the wall as bullets raked the wall behind her.  She looked to the other three and steeled herself to follow their lead.  Someone out here had to know what they were doing despite what she’d already seen during the assault.

“What’s the plan?” she asked anxiously with a local push from her headset.



Saturio Vocula

Saturio Vocula instinctively flexed the grip of his FMG as the enemy fire tore up the bricks on the other side of the wall. He silently gave thanks for his armor as the rounds bounced harmlessly.

He desperately wanted to pop up and spray these abominations with the cleansing fire of The Holy Church, but knew he couldn't. "I'd be mowed down quickly by a dozen fiends with guns." He thought to himself. As Saturio looked at the hunched forms of his brethren, he knew they'd have to work together to get to the LZ.

"We must work together my brothers, if we're to make it out of this hell-hole. Let's go south to the extraction point." He spoke into his comm unit.

Florian Racz.

Florian calmly took the opportunity provided by the increasingly temporary shelter to tug a cigar from a pouch on his web harness.  The tip was pressed firmly down onto conveniently sharp part of his weapon, punching a small hole in the wrapping.  It was one of his best.  He'd been saving it, but, at the moment, there didn't seem to be much reason to wait any longer.  Now or never.  He turned his head just slightly to avoid a spray of dust from a ricochet before answering across the com, "Agreed.  Make for the LZ.  Head through the buildings.  I'll take point."  He set the cigar over the nozzle of the flamethrower, pulling the trigger for the igniter.  The nozzle was briefly lit by the weapon's pilot flame.  He set the smouldering stogy firmly in his teeth as he looked over the buildings to the south to try and pick the best path he could.

Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere scowls at Racz and his frakkin cigar smell. ''You know, that stench isn't helping in covering up our scent''

''The Tank is still functional, it's low on both ammo and fuel, but it should help get us to the LZ. I can provide some cover as you guys move. Go! Go! Go!''



Martiniere hops in the pilot seat and revs up the engine, he moves it as close to his comrade's positions, blocking as much incoming fire as possible. If he can he lays down some suppressive fire.

GM:

Martiniere dashes across the intersection, drawing a rash of fire away from the huddled group and jumps in the partially functional NAZARETH LIGHT TANK, rounds raking the hull of the damaged tank as he jumps in, narrowly missing him.


This creates a short lull in fire, allowing each of you to dash across the street to gain cover in one of the main buildings.


Geneveive steeled herself to dash after the big soldier with the red beard.  The other soldier made it to the tank without getting hit so she hoped they’d get across, too.

Florian Racz:
The big red bearded soldier was, momentarily, taken by surprise by the knight's sudden mad dash for the tank.  But, he was providing cover for the rest of them.  Florian checked back to make sure the other two weren't about to run off somewhere else.  Setting them ready, the big man pushed up and made a break for it.  Despite carrying the heavy canister pack, he's surprisingly nimble as he dodges and sprints across the rubble.  Flechette needles skitter and spark all around, yet none find anything important on his person.  He doesn't pause or look back even as he shoulders into the ruined building.  He focuses on checking the interior space for threats.  If any present themselves, cleansing fire awaits.

Genevieve Lacroix
She stumbled after, just concentrating on keeping her head down and her feet moving as things whizzed by.  It was all she could do to keep moving and not dive for cover in the middle of the street.

She was so focused on getting across that she ran directly into Florian’s back when they reached the cover of the buildings.

Genevieve Lacroix
Saturio Vocula grits his teeth, and leaps from behind the wall into a run across the street. "...let me continue to serve the church, please let me continue to serve the church, please..." He thinks.

As he passes through the rubble strewn doorway of the building, he looks to make sure his brothers have made it safely. "Are we all accounted for? We don't leave anyone behind!"

Stephane Martiniere
Surprising even his new found compatriots, he makes it to the Tank's interior. Ducking and weaving, simply trying to pretend this is a training exercise, imagining his old drill Sgt's voice, to avoid freezing up in terror, as the rounds chew up the landscape all around him.

Martiniere, spot a few 'phaim and fires wildly in their direction, his shot misses, but forces them to duck behind the old civilian delivery van.

He praises the All Mighty for his luck, and revs up the engine. Once everyone's aboard, he struggles to move the Tank in the direction he wants. "Move it you bucket of.....arrgggg!"

"Maybe this was a bad idea! Lord Above, hear my prayer, allow us to escape this infernal place in one peace. Make this Tank a shield for your Faithful Servants and permit them to fight another day"

Martiniere shouts out to his compatriots; "Somebody man the turret! Give us some suppressive fire. Anything! Driving this beast is NOT as easy as it looks!"


GM:
Stephane, not realizing during the fog of war, it was only him who ran to the tank, finds himself inside alone firing into the second floor of a building on the north end of the intersection.

You all hear the chatter of the tanks Autocannons, as you enter the building on the southside of the street. As you were running, you were able to see the rounds of fire rake a section of a building across the street to the north. The AC tracer rounds obviously pin pointing the locations of the enemy gun emplacement.

Inside the room, you can see that this was some sort of retail store at some point in its past. Broken shelves and tipped over bins lay strewn, as clothing and other merchandise litter the floor.

On the south interior wall of the building you can see heavy damage sustained when the building next to it collapsed some time earlier in the battle, several sections of wall are large enough to climb through. Also inside you can see a staircase that heads up and down, and there are several other rooms or doorways which may lead to other sections of the old building.



Stephane Martiniere
Meanwhile, back in tank, Martiniere tanks threat sensors briefly go off.

Autocannons rip into the building, devastating the REPHAIM gun crew that was setting up for another attack. The 40mm shells blowing the undead soldiers in the chunks of rotten meat.

Your threat meter is detecting enemy armor moving towards your position from the west. You can not tell how many though

Florian Racz.
Florian catches the Templar's requests over the comm and dates a quick look back out into the streets to see the damaged tank coming about and opening up on the enemy emplacement.  It was nice to see the enemy taking heavy fire for once today.  But, it couldn't last.  Turning back inside the building, the Flame Knight keyed his comm, "Templar.  You did good.  We are secure.  Your position is too exposed.  Back that thing over here and get out before they coordinate their fire.  We will cover your approach.  Otherwise, god speed you."  Releasing his comm, Florian dropped a hand on the gunner's shoulder to get his attention, "Get ready to let that big gun speak.   Should he decide to make for us, he'll need cover.  We'll give him two minutes to make the call."  He then turned again to regard the medic who bumped into him, tugging his cigar from his lips and letting the smoke curl out, "I need you to be my eyes and ears in here.  Grab some cover and watch our flank til we move."  He didn't wait to see if orders were followed.  He never saw real officers do that.  Just act like there is no choice.  He struck the cigar back in his mouth again to change another look at the tank...

Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve looked around for the flank before deciding to crouch down behind a counter with her submachinegun, covering the stairs.  She kept glancing out onto the street to see if the soldier in the tank were going to catch up with them.

Looking down, she made a check that she hadn't dropped anything.  Anything besides that boat anchor of a sword she'd dropped as soon as she could.  That thing weighed a ton.  She checked her remaining weapon to ensure the safety was still on.  She didn't need to accidentally shoot anyone in the back.
¨

JollyGM: This concludes the week 1 Sunday update, hope you enjoyed the read. If any of you out there are interested in trying Play by Post a try, contact me and I will send you the instructions on how to join. The more players, the more chaos :)