Friday, December 11, 2015

RPG Open Invite: RIFTS: Chaos Earth "Christmas Apoc"



Dec 21, 2098

Six former NEMA agents that decided to move into the more lucrative R&D sector,  all hired by the tech giant "Weyland HT Corp" as subject matter experts in their chosen fields. With the help of these six, "WHtC" was able to land a massive multi billion dollar contract for supplying NEMA with several new technological advancements.

To celebrate the start of this wonderful partnership, WHtC is throwing a massive Christmas party/Showcase for everyone to see and the media to eat up!

As guest, the 6 members will be able to rub shoulders with the corporate big wigs, enjoy the party and marvel at the view looking over the city of Atalanta from the 200th floor of the mega hotel, The Empress.

Of course, until the world ended...

This is an introductory RPG game for new and experienced players alike, using the free Fantasy Grounds Software. See the details for more information. I will be using the RIFTS: Chaos Earth RPG.

Any questions, please follow the link below. Hope to see you there.


Google Event Page: Christmas Apoc

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Rifts: The Plague Part 2 (Recap)

Due to a string of technical issues, we were unable to successfully record our session. So, it looks like its back to my poor writing.

Rifts: The Plague Part II

Alistair was standing a mere 30 feet away from the large 12 foot tall dog like creature. With out thinking, he charged towards it, his axe swinging wildly. Theron, who was still suffering from his recent bout of the Blood Boils, sets up in the Big Boss ATV and starts to provide some covering fire for his father.



Within 30 seconds, Alistair is standing over the dusty remains of the demon dog which he recognized as a "Alu, A Demon Hound" After searching the wreckage for any signs of Sarah, Gearz's daughter, they are approached by a female traveler, who is very obviously a partial cyborg. She introduces herself as, Tia Sharpe, a Headhunter Momano. She has been been tracking a pack of these Alu for the last several weeks, and has already killed 3 out of the 5. The last two came this way, one of which was just destroyed by the party.

They explain to her that they are out trying to find Sarah, and that her tracks lead further into the ruins. Tia agrees to join. After driving as far as they could with the Big Boss, they have to stop or risk getting the vehicle stuck in the crumbling ruins. It was here, that lost the tracks and loose several hours trying to find them again.



When they do discover the girls tracks, they also find a second set of tracks, the last Alu tracking after her. These tracks led the group into an entrance of a underground NEMA facility. Descending deeper into the tunnels, and climbing through various obstructions the group gain entrance into the main NEMA facility, and discover a underground "Hive" complex. After more time, and deeper into the abandoned depths, they find Sarah, who managed to barricade herself into a lab area, to protect herself from the final, stalking Alu.



The Alu, realizing that it was no longer alone turns and attacks the party and after some crafting maneuvering, the Psi Slayer lands a neural strike stunning the beast, allowing it be easily taken down by they other two. Sarah has been rescued!



As they were reveling in the success, Sarah explains that in her attempt to flee the creature she activated some form of base security system and the time is starting to count down. Not knowing what was triggered, the group flee back towards the entrance, but realize they will never make it back to the tunnel entrance in time before what ever was triggered becomes activated, they run deeper into the complex. Sarah, with only enough time grabs only a small satchel filled with pre rifts medicine, runs before being sealed in this tomb of darkness.



Bast doors slowly start to descend, sealing off various areas, the 4 now run towards the underground hanger/storage bay area. Diving under the descending blast doors the group end up in a vast chamber filled with ancient pre rifts artifacts and technologies, a literal treasure drove!



There are only two problems. Behind them is the sealed blast doors and in front of them, cutting off the access to the rest of the hanger is a massive rift shimmering with a ice blue light.



Stuck between a rift and a hard place, the group ponder what their next step will be. Cross the blue, or look for another way around?

Session End.

+Shannon Davis
+Stephen King

Rifts: Plague Part I Video Synopsis








Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Rifts: The Plague


So after almost a year of no gaming at all, I managed to get two small sessions done and dusted in the last week. For fun, I kicked off a small Rifts adventure.

Here is a brief synopsis of the adventure thus far.


Session 1,

After years of being separated,  a father and his son become united after finding each other in the war torn and post apocalyptic Rifts Earth, its the year 112 PA, and the war with Tolkeen is over. The father, a True Atlantian Undead Slayer, Alistaire and the son, Theron a True Atlantian  Psi Slayer, who was kidnapped while just a infant, try and make up lost time and reconnect.

After several weeks of travelling on foot, the two try and make their way to a trading post located north of Lake Superior. The evening prior to arriving, the two stumble onto a campfire with 4 cloaked individuals on the side of the old road. Both of them are suspicious, as they approach. The sitting figures turn out to be decoys, as the real individuals charge out from their hiding spot. These men, covered in boils and sores quickly charge the father and son, but soon find themselves sorely outmatched, as three of the four are cut down.

Theron, gets close and personal, cleaving one bloated soul clean in two with a vibro sword, its guts and bowls spray over him in the process.

The fourth, yelling in a crazed madness turns and runs into the forest, escaping death due to a malfunctioning pistol.

Alistaire and Theron, inspect the bodies and find that the 3 of them are covered in strange, bleeding sores from head to toe. They are quickly burned and the two make camp for the night, in hopes to reaching the trading post by noon the next day.


Session 2,

The two wake up the next day, but Theron didnt sleep all that well and was feeling sore from sleeping on the ground. The two set off and make towards the trading post. Several hours later, they find the large outpost, run by a old aged partially reconstructed cyborg treasure seeking techno hound, known by the locals as Gearz.

Theron, getting to the outpost needs to take a break as he finds himself very sore and is finding it difficult to walk and quickly discovers that he has several of these blood boils over his feet and legs and fears he was infected. He tried to heal himself using his powers which ends up not helping. He tells Alistaire of the problem, and they quickly look for help in the trading post. Unwittingly infecting at least two other people.

After some talk, they meet up with Gearz, who informs them that in the last several weeks more and more reports of this disease is starting to appear. Rumors tell them that the disease usually clears up after about a week or more, but most people die from the blood loss from the broken blisters and infection. The only treatment is very strong, very rare antibiotics. None of which Gearz has on hand.

Oddly enough, the morning of the twos arrival, Gearz's daughter, Sarah took a small team north west, several hours away to investigate an old ruined city, in hopes to find this rare medicine. Gearz promises to help, and tells the two to spend the night outside of the marketplace as Sarah is expected back the next day. They agree, and make camp for the night.

The next morning, Theron is covered in even more of these "Blood Boils" and is starting to show some serious signs of not feeling well. Alistaire checks back with Gearz and discovers that Sarah did not report back as expected, nor did she make contact at the pre arranged time with her father. Alistaire and Theron agree to go north to see if they can meet up with Sarah on her return, in hopes to get any of the medication she may have, more sooner then later.

After several hours drive, they find a abandoned tractor trailer, which is presumed to be Sarahs on the outside of the ruins. Theron, not risking taking any more damage from his sores which burst when pressure is applied,  decides to stay behind in the ATV, as Alistaire moves in on foot to investigate the truck.

When he gets to the truck, he discovers several large claw marks on the side of the vehicle, and inside the cab is the torn body of the driver. He then hears a thud behind him, and turns to find another rent body, with large gashes in his torso laying in a heap, 30 feet from him. A body that was not there a moments ago.

Using his ability to see the invisible, he quickly sees a large humanoid, dog like creature, with blood dripping from its jaws standing over the the lifeless form, staring directly at him.

Session 3..

Some time next week :)

Rifts: Fantasy Grounds Style


The Creature!

+Shannon Davis 

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Back with RIFTS for Fantasy Grounds

Anyone who knows me, or read my blog, know that this year did not start out well for me, in fact, it has been up to date, one of the more trying times in my life.

After beating myself up, wallowing in self pity, I decided to try and get back into the things I enjoy. I have to be careful not to get to deep into things, or I feel I can find myself slip back into the self sealing, outside excluding cocoon I had myself wrapped up in.

And I do not want to do that, again.

So, to help me get focused, I decided to go back to some old school gaming, so I decided to get a few of us old timers back together to play it, for old times sake.

Regardless, of how dated, unbalanced, and very misdirected rules this system is still full of fun ideas worth exploring.

So, to make the transition easier for us; we, who are not used to having to use pen and paper anymore. I made up a CoreRPG character sheet and theme for Fantasy Grounds. .Here is a screen shot of it.

Just made it up this morning for kicks. Hopefully, it helps us to reconnect with our younger-selves!


Monday, May 4, 2015

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Fantasy Grounds: A How To Session!



One of the SXG club members Mask of Winter will be having a google hangouts session about how to use Fantasy Grounds for his up comming session.

This is one of those things, that no matter what skill level you are, you can still learn something. If you are new to Fantasy Grounds and you want to get some pro tips, then this is the place to go.

Check it out.. it will be worth your time!

Hangout out with Mask of Winter!
+Eric Lamoureux

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Death Watch, Black Crusade and Only War.. Roleplaying Goodness!!


Rulesets for Deathwatch, Black Crusade and Only War, now available.

Break out your books, prepare your game and then host it on Fantasy Grounds!

Have at it!

Black Crusade 4.05
Death Watch 4.01
Only War V1.0



Wednesday, April 29, 2015

And not to be forgotten.. Deathwatch


I almost forgot to upload a screen shot of the Deathwatch ruleset V4.04 for Fantasy Grounds.



Now, I just cant wait to start playing!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Only War is finally complete!! And Black Crusade got a make over.

Everyone will have to wait a few more weeks before I can upload these.. but they are done!!

Personally. I am really digging the new look of the Black Crusade ruleset!


Only War V 1.0


Black Crusade V 4.05

Looking Sharper! Only War and Black Crusade



Its so close to being done!! I can not wait to be able to upload this when I get home in a few weeks!
V1.0 (Soon to be released)




And here is an updated look of the Black Ruleset too.. V4.05 (soon to be released)


Sunday, April 26, 2015

Only War is almost done...

Yeah..

Its getting close... soon you will be able to play Only War on Fantasy Grounds, along with Deathwatch and Black Crusade.

Here is a sneak peak. Here is the rough layout of the ruleset.

Something Wicked, This Way Comes. A Black Crusade Campaign (SXG)



I would like to announce the start of a FFG: WH40K Black Crusade Campaign Game, starting on May 16th, 2015 via the VTT Software: Fantasy Grounds.

Black Crusade: The Darkness (May 2015)



This game is open to all SXG members, and if not a member (yet) and you want to play, let me know.

I am designing this game to be dark, cold, gritty, and very unforgiving. Nothing is easy inside the screaming vortex, a place where might makes right.

Join The Darkness here.


Schedule:
May 16th, Character Creation and intro campaign session 1
May 30th, Campagin game session 2
June 20th, Camaign game session 3.
Rest to be announced.

Monday, April 20, 2015

FG Con 6: My thoughts..



Hi everyone..

Well, FG-Con 6 is here and gone. And again it was a great time to be a part of it. My first time at this con was FG 5 last fall, when I only hosted 1 game. But this time around I decided to host 3 games, one for every night.

The FG Con was well hosted and organized by a 3 great volunteers, and there was a slue of GMs, (33 I think was the final tally), and the heaps of  players who joined in. I also really enjoyed it due to the fact, a slue of SXG members showed up and hosted a pile of the events. Its good being a part of a group who gets actively involved with stuff like this.

My first game, was Savage Battlestar Galactica, and to be honest I kinda missed the mark on it. I think that this was due to the fact that this was my first actual GM session since my father died a few months ago and I was really rusty and I was more concerned about trying to hit all the elements of the adventure then to focus on how the players were feeling. All though we had fun at the game, it was not my best performance and it seemed kinda forced. But we live and learn.

Here is the basics for each adventure.

1) The XSSC Phoenix, an experimental stealth missile strike craft was ordered to respond to a Cylon attack at the Scorpio shipyards, but just prior to the jump was struck down by the Cylon virus, but due to a glitch and a failure in the ships own systems it managed to complete its jump, but when it arrived it was then in the black. Due to several massive nuke strikes and the blind jump of the Pegasus the arrival of the Phoenix went unnoticed. The crew then formed a team, to stealthy venture to the doomed shipyard station, headed to the bridge and see if they could find any idea of where, if any other survivors may have gone. Finding out that the Pegasus blind jump was actually recorded in the shipyards computer systems, the crews downloaded and deleted the info and then hot legged it back to the phoenix while under attack by a roving band of Raiders.



2) My second night was by far much more enjoyable for the players and for myself. Well thats how I felt about it, I guess it took the first game to shake the rust loose. This game was a Savage Worlds Weird War 2 game, where the squad was ordered to rush and take hold a small village that was under attack. Under a severe snow storm, the squad faced the elements and although some were stung by the harsh weather they managed to get to its location, the small abandoned town in which the frozen bodies of Germans and Allied alike lay littered through out town, with one abandoned German tank in the middle of the town square, buried by the recent snow fall. That night several spectral forms rose from the snow, and a haunting ghostly sound of a tank converged on the square. The spectral forms, along with the phantom tank sounds converged on the husk of the destroyed German tank, possessing it.

The squad armed with a Chaplin charged the tank, armed with grenades and the faith of the priest and manage to destroy the spectral forms and rebuke the possessed hulk.





3) My third and final game was a Black Crusades game where the party was a band of pirates attacking a stranded Inquisitional ship. Consisting of a Terminator, a Bezerker, a Veteran of the long war and a Sorcerer. After fighting off waves of Combat Servitors, Sisters of Battle and then concluded with an epic showdown with the remaining Sisters and a Grey Knight Terminator. The battle for bridge was bloody and fierce for both sides, but it managed to swing the way for the pirates, but the cost was a severally wounded chaos terminator, and a dead chaos sorcerer.



At the end of the con, I am flooded with a weird mix of emotions. Sad that it was over, but glad that it is at the same time. It takes a lot of effort and commitment to run games like this. And with all the build up of the excitement of seeing people book for your events, all the hype leading up to it, and meeting lots of new players. You can not help but feel that lose of the excitement of the build up.

But again, its done and over with and now I can sit back and relax for awhile and keep working on a few other projects.

Hope to see you all at FG 7!


Monday, April 13, 2015

BattleStar Galactica Battle Map

Well, I had CC3 now for awhile, but its only lately am I really starting to do anything with it.

So, for kicks I decided to do a battle map of a flight deck, BSG theme. If anyone wants to use it, feel free. Its simple, plain and rather boring. But I am proud of it.

There is also one with out the vipers.

Enjoy




Sunday, April 12, 2015

FG-CON: Black Crusade: Boarding Party Teaser!


Hey all.

What do you get when you Khorne Berzerker, a Chaos Champion, a Chaos Chosen Terminator, and a Chaos Sorcerer meet up for some fun on a drifting imperial ship?



You get the first 4 pregens for my FG CON Demo game of Black Crusade coming up on Sunday! Thats what!

Thats right, a small warband of up to 6 chaos marines have boarded a stranded inquisitor ship, can they fight their way to the bridge and claim its as a prize? Or does the fickle will of chaos have something else in store for the doomed ship?

Right now, 2 spots remain free. Come and sign up and FG-Con today!

Black Crusade: A Combat Example on Video.


So, some people have been wondering how the combat works and looks like on Fantasy Grounds. So I made a low budget video, we me messing around with a sample combat scenario.


In short, I am just doing a refresher on the rules and figured I would record it and share it.

enjoy.


Sunday, April 5, 2015

Playing with Black Crusade and Hangouts.


Here I am, getting ready for FG Con and I figured I start getting use to using hangouts. So I took a few minutes to do a very brief run through of  the Black Crusade mod for FG Grounds.


If you got questions, feel free to drop by and ask.


Thursday, March 26, 2015

FG-Con: Savage Battlestar Galactica: Rise of the Phoenix Teaser


+++! Incoming Orders !+++

++++ Daily Mission Log Data File Transmission ++++

++++ Date: 2030.04.182015 +++++

++++ To: Commander Vince Day, XSSC Phoenix ++++
 
 
 

++++ Priority One Message: Order Change ++++

++++ Orders: The SSC Phoenix has be ordered to cease experimental space trials and jump immediately to the Scorpio Shipyards. Confirmed Cylon contact has been made and attack is under way. Your orders are to engage the enemy using all force required. +++++



 

+++ FTL Jump Orders Data Sequence ++++

+++ Combat FTL Status Jump sequence initiated +++

+++ Target Destination: Scorpio Shipyards Coordinates Confirmed +++

 
 
+++ Jumping in +++

+++ 5 +++

+++ Warning: Incoming Unknown Data Transmission Detected +++

+++ 4 +++

+++ Warning: Data file attack detected +++

+++ 3 +++

+++ Warning: Defense Mainframe Terminal Overwrite Error +++

+++ 2 +++

+++ Warning: Shutting Down Primary FTL Spool Drives +++

+++ 1 +++

+++ Warning: Critical Shut Down Sequence Can Not Engage. Conflicting Defense Network Commands: Combat Jump Override sequence protocols engaged. System Reboot Required. Data Transmission Corrupted. Primary FTL Core Protocol Corrupted. Defense Main Frame Critical Action Protocols Corrupted: Critical Networking Errors Ship Power Failure Core Reboot Required: FTL Core Spool Up In Progress Can Not Terminate +++

+++ JUMP JUMP JUMP ++++

Enlist today at FG-Con

 
 
 

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

FG-Con 6: Weird Wars II Hold At All Costs Primer



The call of “Men” got the attention of the cold and fidgety troops of the 501st airborne unit as they were huddled around barrel fires trying to keep warm outside the small town of St. Hubert. The so called battle of the bulge has ended, with the Germans now on the defensive and the allies in full advance.

 

Fox Company was just pulled out of Bastogne to get some rest off the front lines before redeployment and all of the men’s hearts sank, hearing the Captain call out. Knowing that it only meant it was time to go back to work.


 

“Men, gather around” The Captain laid out a map on the hood of a Willis Jeep. “Several days ago our P52 brothers in the sky took a shot at a target of opportunity as they caught several SS Tigers tanks trying to move to take back the small Hamlet of Nilis, here” He points to the map. “The 35th Infantry Division had a platoon from Bravo Company holding up there since the start of the Bulge, and have yet been relieved since we went back on the offensive. But have sending us regular communiques, as they have been holding the cross roads for about 3 weeks now.”


 

He looked up “The day after the birds took out the elements of that tank unit, we have lost all contact with the Bravo and there has been some pretty cold and nasty weather in that region ever since the strike. Seeing we are the closest unit we have been tasked to recon the area and re-establish contact with Bravo and wait to be relieved from the other boys of the 35th” He paused.

 

“Now the bad news. Intel has just informed me, that this tank unit could be what’s left over from the 501 SS Panzer Tank Division.  There is rumored to be an Ace with over 150 kills with that unit, and if the P52s missed any of them or him alone that could be why we lost contact with Bravo, so keep your heads low and your eyes open. He drives a King.”

 

Again he looked around.. “Looks like our rest period is over boys, everything from trucks to bicycles are being focus on the counter offensive and you are going to have to pack it in on foot. Say goodbye to St. Hubert, you are moving out tonight.

 
 
 

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

FG-Con: Just a Few More Weeks!!

Well..

If I can say one thing, its the fact that I am really excited about FG-Con. I am hosting 2 short games and 1 demo game this year, and I think we are going to have a lot of fun!



I have been slowly putting things together over the last few weeks, making pregens, making notes, searching the internet for pictures, and all the other fun things when it comes to GMing games.

I have also just announced that I will be starting a campagin game for "The Last Parsec" over with the guys and gals of SXG.  The event which is called "Jolly's Savage Sci Fi" Which is open to any member of the group, and if you are not a member, its free to join and you will gets loads of access to many scheduled games through out the week with many great GMs and great players alike.

And I have also been running a Play by Post game on RPOL. Which has been going for almost a month now. Another game which anyone is welcomed to join in at any time.

Back to the FG-Con Events, if anyone out there is interested in joining then feel free to check out the links

April 17th: Savage Battlestar Galactica; Rise of the Phoenix

April 18th: Savage Worlds: Weird Wars II; Hold At All Cost

and lastly April 19th, a demo really of the FFG: Black Crusade: Boarding Party.

So swing by and check it all out..

Jolly

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Play By Post: Necropolis: Dead Run Part #2

Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Autocannons rip into the building, devastating the REPHAIM gun crew that was setting up for another attack. The 40mm shells blowing the undead soldiers in the chunks of rotten meat.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.

Florian catches the Templar's requests over the comm and dates a quick look back out into the streets to see the damaged tank coming about and opening up on the enemy emplacement.  It was nice to see the enemy taking heavy fire for once today.  But, it couldn't last.  Turning back inside the building, the Flame Knight keyed his comm, "Templar.  You did good.  We are secure.  Your position is too exposed.  Back that thing over here and get out before they coordinate their fire.  We will cover your approach.  Otherwise, god speed you."  Releasing his comm, Florian dropped a hand on the gunner's shoulder to get his attention, "Get ready to let that big gun speak.   Should he decide to make for us, he'll need cover.  We'll give him two minutes to make the call."  He then turned again to regard the medic who bumped into him, tugging his cigar from his lips and letting the smoke curl out, "I need you to be my eyes and ears in here.  Grab some cover and watch our flank til we move."  He didn't wait to see if orders were followed.  He never saw real officers do that.  Just act like there is no choice.  He struck the cigar back in his mouth again to change another look at the tank...


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve looked around for the flank before deciding to crouch down behind a counter with her submachinegun, covering the stairs.  She kept glancing out onto the street to see if the soldier in the tank were going to catch up with them.

Looking down, she made a check that she hadn't dropped anything.  Anything besides that boat anchor of a sword she'd dropped as soon as she could.  That thing weighed a ton.  She checked her remaining weapon to ensure the safety was still on.  She didn't need to accidentally shoot anyone in the back.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere calls down a few Saints in his native french as he glances at the sensors. The damage most likely extending to the electronics. He manages to activate the secure comm channel to contact his fellow survivors;

"Copy your request for extraction, I'm not leaving you guys behind if I can help it (Loyal hindrance), Templar Racz. BTW, Sensors show multiple hostile armours heading this way. We need to leave ASAP! I'm attempting to back up the Tank. It won't be easy with a damaged track, but here goes!"

Gunning it at the correct moment, the tank lurches back toward the cover that his compatriots are using.

Martiniere asks "Does anyone have some demolitions savvy? Maybe we can rig this puppy up to blow when the 'phaim approach"


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221594 Saturio Vocula

In reply to Stephane Martiniere (msg # 16):

Nodding to Brother Florian, Saturio begins readying his FMG in the doorway of the ruined building, ready to provide cover for the Brother tanker as he comes in.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.



That information caused Florian to nearly spit his cigar out.  Instead, he reached up and pulled it free to safety before keying the comm, "<Negative, Templar.  We are not requesting extraction.  We are requesting you get the hell out of that rolling target and come to us.  On the double!  We are in no condition to take on enemy armor.  Move Knight!>"  With a soft growl, he shoved the cigar back in his teeth, "Right.  We are going to need an exit route ASAP.  Lazarite, I need exits.  Let's see what we can find."  He gave a glance to the gunner and a nod of assurance, silently placing the responsibility of holding this position on his shoulders.  With that, Florian turned to head for the various doorways, stairwells, holes, etc, to try and find a route.  Hoping the medic would lend an eye to the job.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221279 JollyWarmaster (GM)

Stephane fought with the the controls of the tank, but managed to move the tank up to the intersection just as a small squad of undead, and a captured light church tank moved into the intersection. Right into your killzone.

The Rephaim seem not to have noticed the rest of the squad in set up in the building as all their attention is drawn towards Stephane.

The turret of the captured Nazareth light tank slowly starts to turn towards Stephane, as the 3 freshly made zombies, still wearing their damaged and torn church armor start to move towards the Templar Knight.

Saturio and the rest of the knights hidden in the ruins are in a prime position to attack the advancing Rephaim from with in the building.


OOC: Opps from left to right we have Gene, Florin, and Saturio. Steph is obviously in the tank.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221594 Saturio Vocula

In reply to JollyWarmaster (msg # 19):

Saturio saw the vile creatures move into the intersection, directly toward the Brother tanker's position. "Brothers, 3 fleshys and a captured Nazareth are moving into the interesection. We must give our brother time to get free. Let's cleanse!" He said.

Not waiting for a reply, Saturio snapped his ROF selector to 3RB, let a smile play across his face, and pulled the trigger.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere swing the autocannon turret towards the enemy tank and opens fire.


Then he quickly gets out of his own tank (making sure he's got all his gear), by the rear hatch (east facing), and uses the vehicle as cover and tries to find a way into the rubble for additional cover.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve didn't wait for any further direction after Saturio's transmission.  Dodging around the counter, she ran across the rubble strewn room and flopped onto the ground behind what used to be part of the buildings wall.

Flipping her submachinegun off of safe, she sprayed the intersection wildly on full auto.  In her haste to find cover and fire, she hadn't braced the weapon properly and the volley of flechette spattered harmlessly into the building wall above anything she could have construed as a target.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.

Florian had found something in the rubble and had bent down to brush it of before Saturio's warning.  Pushing back up, he took a firm grip on the flamer.  A trigger pull ignited the nozzle, wreathing it in flame as he went.  The others were already opening fire and he reached the outer wall and leveled his weapon.  The sight of the tank made him pause only for a moment.  They had to give the Templar time.  He squeezed the fuel release and a huge got of sacred fire swarmed or towards the unaware Rephaim...


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221279 JollyWarmaster (GM)

The shells of the twin linked auto cannons ripped into the side of the Rephaim controlled tank. The rounds penetrated the thin skinned armor of the turret. Who ever, or what ever was sitting in that seat, could no way possibly be left in any less then 4 or 5 massive chunks!

The sudden onslaught of the attack on the tank, forced the tank hard and away from Stephane, the driver losing control, he rammed it into a side of a building, wedging it deep into its structure before coming to a stop, but not before crushing the closest zombie with its tracks.

Meanwhile, surprised by the fire from the tank, the 2 other Rephaim soldiers turned towards the advancing tank, just as a massive gout of flame engulfed the second zombie. Its a matter of seconds before the zombie falls to the ground as a charred lump of meat.

Saturio's rounds also finds the mark on the lead Rephaim, the flechette rounds tearing deeply through its armor, spinning it around where it stood. Dropping it.

Stephane's tank, lurches and grinds to a stop just outside the building where the others were firing from and jump out of the metal deathtrap!




Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.

Florian swept his eyes across the street looking for any more movement, saying quietly to the gunner and the medic, "Keep an eye on that tank.  Might not be done yet.  Blowing out a curl of smoke, he calls out with more volume, "Templar, if you can mind the cigar stink, you're welcome to come in out of the rain.  Fine shooting, by the way."


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve remained prone, covering the intersection after properly bracing the weapon.

"They'll be more coming," she pushed.  "We better keep moving for the extraction."


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

"Thank you Templar Racz. After the beating all of our Legions took, knocking those walking corpses back to Hell, was very satisfying"

"Now the sensors on the tank were damaged and as Templar Lacroix said, there's likely more of them coming, I can't be sure. Lets move out!"

Templar Martiniere picks his way carefully thru the rubble, looking to either Racz or Saturio to lead the way.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.

"Agreed," offered Florian as he stomped off into the interior of the ruined store.  He indicated the stairwell with his cigar, "Found a map.  There's an underground tunnel connecting the stores this district.  Runs south towards the LZ."  Reaching the stairwell, he taped his helmet light to activate it and let the light shine over the interior.  He then looked back, "Martinere, take point.  I'll follow you.  Then Vocula.  Lacroix gets the rear."


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Templar Martiniere checks his new found flechette SMG, left in the light tank by the previous crewmen, stows away the few clips that go with it . He shoulders the weapons' strap and heads down, tapping his own helmet light as he goes.

Still jazzed by the adrenaline high of his successful attack and piloting of the tank, Martiniere takes point and carefully but confidently descends into the tunnel.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve clambered to her feet to take up the rear.  It would be easier to cover than their flank as she knew where it was.

She was glad, she double checked her helmet display for the tanker's name, Martiniere couldn't see her expression.  He talked as though the soldier's they'd cut down were the enemy and happy to blow them apart.  They were Knights once, not long ago, and deserved some respect.  The Rephaim foot soldiers weren't the enemy, whoever, or whatever, that drove them was their true enemy.  The enemy of all humankind.

This war wasn't going to be won slugging it out in the streets.  They needed to discover the source of the Rephaim's power and cut it off.  It was the only way they were going to survive, let alone win.

They'd already lost one planet, this was all they had left.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221594 Saturio Vocula

In reply to Genevieve Lacroix (msg # 30):

Saturio checked his FMG to make sure it was still in working order. "Plenty of ammo left..." He thought. "I know my brothers enjoy going hand to hand with these creatures, but a deadly spray of blessed flechettes is satisfying too."

Saturio saw that one of the brothers was talking about leading them into the rubble and through a tunnel heading south, aiming for the LZ.

As he nodded at the Templar, Saturio wondered about the close confines of the rubble. "Might be best to stow the FMG, and draw my sword." He instinctively slung the FMG across his back, and drew his sword, falling in line behind the Templar.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221279 JollyWarmaster (GM)

The modernized Gothic stone style staircase which leads downwards into the dark is the norm for the architectural design which we have all come to expect in New Budapest, the stair case is at least wide enough to handle 4 people walking side by side comfortably. The stairs have a distinct cobblestone look.

The darkness engulfs you all as you descend into the tunnel. The faint emergency lighting in the various sections of the stairwell do little to shed any decent light as they flicker off and on. Several of them actually flicker off and remain off as you walk past them.

Even with the helmet lights, although providing adequate lighting do little to ease your nerves as you descend into the growing darkness.

Occasionally, the ground shakes, most likely from explosions above, causing dirt and silt to fall from the ceiling above.

As you descend to the first sub level landing you come to a door marked "-1 level"

The stairs also continue down, on the wall is marked with an arrow pointing downwards saying "-2 level"




Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve followed the others down the stairs, gloved fingers searching her helmet for her own light to come on.  She turned to cover the rear while she stared at her feet trying to find the light with both hands.  It finally clicked on, illuminating her feet.  She moved quickly to catch up with the others.  The submachinegun was cradled in both hands and she reflexively checked to make sure the safety was on.

The stairs were spooky.  She was glad not to be in front.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Templar Martiniere felt rather too exposed without the warm, humming confines of his tank. Tight spaces didn't worry him, as long a some armor plating separated him from the enemy. In dark, underground confines like this, he felt too vulnerable, too weak. But he wasn't going to let his fear and doubt show in front of the others. he needs to make his family, his father proud and quiet the nay-sayers.

"All right people, stay on your toes. Eyes and ears alert. We've got our first choice to make. Templar Racz, what does the map say? Which way do we take to get to the LZ?.


Martiniere prayed, that Templar Racz would say "Level -1. Please let it be level -1!"


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.

22:09, Today: Secret Roll: Florian Racz. rolled 2,3 using d4,d6, rerolling max. Notice.

Racz reaches up to free his cigar from his teeth for a moment.  It freed a cloud of aromatic smoke in the confines.  He glanced down the stairs a moment, then back to the Level -1 door.  Then back to Martinere, "The /map/ was a directory in the rubble back upstairs that I caught a quick glance of.  Let's try this Level -1 first.  Look for another directory or emergency escape route map.  They used to post those things every damn place.."  Sticking his cigar back in its place, he motioned towards the door in an "after you" fashion and prepared to follow the pointman.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere nudges the door to level -1, as silently as possible. Pointing his SMG wherever he's looking. Scanning the space beyond.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221279 JollyWarmaster (GM)

Martiniere opened the door just a crack, enough to know that the days of thriving businesses that used to be hear are long past. Boxes and Crates are littered in the hallway. Emergency lights faintly light the hallways.

The Hallway is about 20 feet wide, the passage way runs north to south and there are plenty of side shops, nooks and crannies. Although the passage way to the north is heavily damaged, the passage way to the south looks pretty clear (Relatively speaking).


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere communicates to the rest of the team, via internal radio:

"Obvious signs of recent use. And lots of places for hostiles to hide in ambush. We might also find survivors. Be wary! Not everything may me what it or they seem to be."

"Is every one clear and ready to move?"

Martinere takes a quick glance at each team member, to see if they're ready.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix

The shorter Knight bringing up the rear, Lacroix, actually seemed to be pointing her weapon in the right direction for once and covering the stairway to their rear.

"Ready," she pushed quickly without turning.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221594 Saturio Vocula

In reply to Genevieve Lacroix (msg # 39):

"Ready, brother." Said Saturio.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.

Florian nods along with the rest, "Lets do it.  Move out."


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

"Alright then, onwards and downwards."

The newly formed squad of irregulars goes thru the doorway, weapons ready and all senses alert. Mariniere on point, Racz right behind him. Followed by Vocula and Lacroix at the rear.

Martiniere wasn't sure if the Medic's combat training was enough. She seemed to have some difficulties with her weapon.

Martiniere hopes her medical skills are better, and that she doesn't need to use them on any of us until they can get to the LZ.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221279 JollyWarmaster (GM)

Within the confines of the hallway, you notice signs of recent activity.

Stephane notices a damaged knights helmet, and some bandage wrappings on the floor near a still somewhat fresh pool of blood. The blood splatter indicates that what ever was bleeding went south.

Its looks like there has been a little bit of foot traffic here in the last little while. Bloody footprints surround the blood pool.

Even with the lights from your armor, you still find it hard to pick out anything in the darkened hallways of the underground shopping complex.



Nearby stands a information kiosk, part of it smeared with blood, and a few flechette holes riddle the plastic signage.

Stores, once bursting with life now lay dormant and in ruins. Even the underground portion of the city has seen its fair share of destruction.




Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix


After a quick look inside she returned her attention to the stairway.

"Check for a map at the information desk," Genevieve pushed from the doorway.

"And let me know if anyone's alive," she added as an afterthought.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere shakes himself mentally, telling himself ''Its not that creepy, it's not that creepy! Focus Templar''


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.



"Copy that, medic," offered Racz as he looked around carefully for any sign of movement, "But I would hate to see the soul still alive down here..."  He shifted the cigar around to the other side of his mouth a moment.  The distraction it offered was always a welcome one.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221279 JollyWarmaster (GM)



A sound of something getting knocked over can be heard about 20 meters south, down the hallway.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix

“There’s a Magtrain terminal on the next level,” she pushed.  “Maybe it heads South.”


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere turns towards the sound and moves towards the nearest cover.

''Racz, Vicula, keep an eye out in case this is a distraction! Lacroix, find some cover''


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221658 Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve stepped back into the stairwell and crouched down with her back to the wall beside the doorway.  She kept shifting her focus between the stairs leading up, and those leading down.

After a moment, she clicked off her helmet light so she wouldn't be a beacon in the dim stairwell.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221606 Florian Racz.

Racz did not head for cover.  He simply took a few steps towards the hall in question, leveling his thrower.  A trigger pull lit the nozzle-flame, "I see you there.  If you are one of the living, step to me slowly and trust that we will help you.  If you don't, I might just have to assume you're dead already.  Decide quick which you are."


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by Brother Lendon ()

Cautiously from the shadows stepped a frail older man, in tattered robes. His hands raised in a non threatening manner. His robes suggest a lower ranking member of the church.

"Please sir knights, lower your weapons, my name is brother Lendon.


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by 221585 Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere slowly stand up from cover, ready to duck back down at a moments notice, he points his weapon away from the man, maybe 30 degrees or so. He eyes the old man, trying to see if he's legitimately what he seems to be.

"What are you doing here Brother? Are there any other survivors in the vicinity?"


Re: Scene 1: Up in Smoke! by Brother Lendon ()



Sir Knight, we must be quick.. the Dead still walk these hallways on occasion. He looks around. We have been looking for soldiers, and helping them as they try to retreat, we have been providing care to the wounded and helping with the withdrawal out of the city.

He quickly paused and glanced at the group.

Is it just you four?


Thursday, February 26, 2015

Deadlands: Reloaded: The Flood


Well, tonight was the first time in two months I had time to play an actual tabletop game. My group, the GFW Gamers quickly got me back into the Deadlands Campaign that I should have started last time I was home.

I am playing the roll of Billy Walker, AKA John Deschaine a travelling salesman.. *nod nod, wink wink*


GM: +Stephen King
+Shannon Davis
+JC Locke
+Eddie Spurrell
+Dave Stewart



Sunday, February 22, 2015

Necropolis: Dead Run Play By Post Sunday Update.

Necropolis: Dead Run


The Cast








Scene 1: Up In Smoke 


The whole offensive has been botched since the first mission! This push on one of the Repheriam held suburbs was a total disaster!

Thinking that they were going to be able to break through, 3 whole banners of the Knights Ordo plunged head on into the most bloody ambush anyone has seen yet. A well coordinated attack lured the knights into, then surrounded, and systematically hunting down the trapped.

Total chaos reigned as patched units of mixed knight ordos started to regroup and tried to fall back to the closest extraction points. Angle dropship pilots under heavy fire have been making pick ups deep in the zone, trying to rescue whoever can get to LZs.



GM:
The intersection you are at is piled high with rubble, as several buildings now lay strewn across the streets to the south, forcing anyone who needs to fall back to the closest LZ to either climb over the rubble, or find a way through the tattered buildings.

You are all huddled behind a brick wall which is riddled with bullet holes. Enemy fire has been heavy and you can see bodies of fellow knights laying in the street just ahead of you. Somewhere north on the street there has to be some sort of enemy emplacement. Across the intersection to the East, you can see an abandoned church tank. Behind you to the west, you know the enemy is pushing forwards trying to scoop up their prey in this deadly net. further south of you, over the rubble, the LZ awaits





Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve tried to make herself as small as possible behind the wall as bullets raked the wall behind her.  She looked to the other three and steeled herself to follow their lead.  Someone out here had to know what they were doing despite what she’d already seen during the assault.

“What’s the plan?” she asked anxiously with a local push from her headset.



Saturio Vocula

Saturio Vocula instinctively flexed the grip of his FMG as the enemy fire tore up the bricks on the other side of the wall. He silently gave thanks for his armor as the rounds bounced harmlessly.

He desperately wanted to pop up and spray these abominations with the cleansing fire of The Holy Church, but knew he couldn't. "I'd be mowed down quickly by a dozen fiends with guns." He thought to himself. As Saturio looked at the hunched forms of his brethren, he knew they'd have to work together to get to the LZ.

"We must work together my brothers, if we're to make it out of this hell-hole. Let's go south to the extraction point." He spoke into his comm unit.

Florian Racz.

Florian calmly took the opportunity provided by the increasingly temporary shelter to tug a cigar from a pouch on his web harness.  The tip was pressed firmly down onto conveniently sharp part of his weapon, punching a small hole in the wrapping.  It was one of his best.  He'd been saving it, but, at the moment, there didn't seem to be much reason to wait any longer.  Now or never.  He turned his head just slightly to avoid a spray of dust from a ricochet before answering across the com, "Agreed.  Make for the LZ.  Head through the buildings.  I'll take point."  He set the cigar over the nozzle of the flamethrower, pulling the trigger for the igniter.  The nozzle was briefly lit by the weapon's pilot flame.  He set the smouldering stogy firmly in his teeth as he looked over the buildings to the south to try and pick the best path he could.

Stephane Martiniere

Martiniere scowls at Racz and his frakkin cigar smell. ''You know, that stench isn't helping in covering up our scent''

''The Tank is still functional, it's low on both ammo and fuel, but it should help get us to the LZ. I can provide some cover as you guys move. Go! Go! Go!''



Martiniere hops in the pilot seat and revs up the engine, he moves it as close to his comrade's positions, blocking as much incoming fire as possible. If he can he lays down some suppressive fire.

GM:

Martiniere dashes across the intersection, drawing a rash of fire away from the huddled group and jumps in the partially functional NAZARETH LIGHT TANK, rounds raking the hull of the damaged tank as he jumps in, narrowly missing him.


This creates a short lull in fire, allowing each of you to dash across the street to gain cover in one of the main buildings.


Geneveive steeled herself to dash after the big soldier with the red beard.  The other soldier made it to the tank without getting hit so she hoped they’d get across, too.

Florian Racz:
The big red bearded soldier was, momentarily, taken by surprise by the knight's sudden mad dash for the tank.  But, he was providing cover for the rest of them.  Florian checked back to make sure the other two weren't about to run off somewhere else.  Setting them ready, the big man pushed up and made a break for it.  Despite carrying the heavy canister pack, he's surprisingly nimble as he dodges and sprints across the rubble.  Flechette needles skitter and spark all around, yet none find anything important on his person.  He doesn't pause or look back even as he shoulders into the ruined building.  He focuses on checking the interior space for threats.  If any present themselves, cleansing fire awaits.

Genevieve Lacroix
She stumbled after, just concentrating on keeping her head down and her feet moving as things whizzed by.  It was all she could do to keep moving and not dive for cover in the middle of the street.

She was so focused on getting across that she ran directly into Florian’s back when they reached the cover of the buildings.

Genevieve Lacroix
Saturio Vocula grits his teeth, and leaps from behind the wall into a run across the street. "...let me continue to serve the church, please let me continue to serve the church, please..." He thinks.

As he passes through the rubble strewn doorway of the building, he looks to make sure his brothers have made it safely. "Are we all accounted for? We don't leave anyone behind!"

Stephane Martiniere
Surprising even his new found compatriots, he makes it to the Tank's interior. Ducking and weaving, simply trying to pretend this is a training exercise, imagining his old drill Sgt's voice, to avoid freezing up in terror, as the rounds chew up the landscape all around him.

Martiniere, spot a few 'phaim and fires wildly in their direction, his shot misses, but forces them to duck behind the old civilian delivery van.

He praises the All Mighty for his luck, and revs up the engine. Once everyone's aboard, he struggles to move the Tank in the direction he wants. "Move it you bucket of.....arrgggg!"

"Maybe this was a bad idea! Lord Above, hear my prayer, allow us to escape this infernal place in one peace. Make this Tank a shield for your Faithful Servants and permit them to fight another day"

Martiniere shouts out to his compatriots; "Somebody man the turret! Give us some suppressive fire. Anything! Driving this beast is NOT as easy as it looks!"


GM:
Stephane, not realizing during the fog of war, it was only him who ran to the tank, finds himself inside alone firing into the second floor of a building on the north end of the intersection.

You all hear the chatter of the tanks Autocannons, as you enter the building on the southside of the street. As you were running, you were able to see the rounds of fire rake a section of a building across the street to the north. The AC tracer rounds obviously pin pointing the locations of the enemy gun emplacement.

Inside the room, you can see that this was some sort of retail store at some point in its past. Broken shelves and tipped over bins lay strewn, as clothing and other merchandise litter the floor.

On the south interior wall of the building you can see heavy damage sustained when the building next to it collapsed some time earlier in the battle, several sections of wall are large enough to climb through. Also inside you can see a staircase that heads up and down, and there are several other rooms or doorways which may lead to other sections of the old building.



Stephane Martiniere
Meanwhile, back in tank, Martiniere tanks threat sensors briefly go off.

Autocannons rip into the building, devastating the REPHAIM gun crew that was setting up for another attack. The 40mm shells blowing the undead soldiers in the chunks of rotten meat.

Your threat meter is detecting enemy armor moving towards your position from the west. You can not tell how many though

Florian Racz.
Florian catches the Templar's requests over the comm and dates a quick look back out into the streets to see the damaged tank coming about and opening up on the enemy emplacement.  It was nice to see the enemy taking heavy fire for once today.  But, it couldn't last.  Turning back inside the building, the Flame Knight keyed his comm, "Templar.  You did good.  We are secure.  Your position is too exposed.  Back that thing over here and get out before they coordinate their fire.  We will cover your approach.  Otherwise, god speed you."  Releasing his comm, Florian dropped a hand on the gunner's shoulder to get his attention, "Get ready to let that big gun speak.   Should he decide to make for us, he'll need cover.  We'll give him two minutes to make the call."  He then turned again to regard the medic who bumped into him, tugging his cigar from his lips and letting the smoke curl out, "I need you to be my eyes and ears in here.  Grab some cover and watch our flank til we move."  He didn't wait to see if orders were followed.  He never saw real officers do that.  Just act like there is no choice.  He struck the cigar back in his mouth again to change another look at the tank...

Genevieve Lacroix

Genevieve looked around for the flank before deciding to crouch down behind a counter with her submachinegun, covering the stairs.  She kept glancing out onto the street to see if the soldier in the tank were going to catch up with them.

Looking down, she made a check that she hadn't dropped anything.  Anything besides that boat anchor of a sword she'd dropped as soon as she could.  That thing weighed a ton.  She checked her remaining weapon to ensure the safety was still on.  She didn't need to accidentally shoot anyone in the back.
¨

JollyGM: This concludes the week 1 Sunday update, hope you enjoyed the read. If any of you out there are interested in trying Play by Post a try, contact me and I will send you the instructions on how to join. The more players, the more chaos :)