Monday, August 7, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 Day 7! Most Impactful Session



This was way back in the early 90s. But I will always look back at that day as a very rewarding session.

It was the time I introduced my cousin, who was still in Grade 9, and I was graduated from High School then. But he asked me to host a game with him and his friends, as they always wanted to try roleplaying.

So I wrote up a Car Wars adventure, using Steve Jacksons CarWars Compendium rules. There was a scene, where the guys were crawling through an airduct and they lost their light, so one of them took out a zippo lighter to use it.

They were having trouble visualizing what it would look like. So I took out my own zippo, and I turned all the lights off in the house, and I played the rest of the scene using nothing but one zippo for light on the table.

It was at that moment that they got hooked on roleplaying, and they have been my regular gaming buddies ever since... Great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment