Saturday, December 19, 2020

Twilight 2000: Some tools for VTT playing.

 Here are a few tools that people can use when running games on a VTT.

Personally, I use Fantasy Grounds for most of my games, and I find these work great. I am sure for other VTTs you can find a way to use these as well.

But I am really digging the new T2K from Free League Publishing and you can jump in on the action at the T2K Kickstarter late pledge here. 

Vehicle Chart

The way I use them, is I can drag and drop pins or images to indicate where the players are on the vehicle chart. The thinner boxes are for vehicle components.





Travel Matrix

Drag images or pins over what actions the players are doing during their hex movements.

Theater of the Mind Combat Map.

This is for those times when you do not have a map ready, or you just want something quick..  Everyone uses these styles of maps differently.. So use it how you want, for me.. the main thing is moving zones.. in order to move to a new zone, the NPC or player needs to make a mobility roll..  Also, I like zone maps better then dealing with squares and grids most times too, so this helps.



No comments:

Post a Comment